Butterscotch Cream Cheese Bars
48 bars (4 dozen)
- Butterscotch Cream Cheese Bars feature a sweet butterscotch graham crust and topping and are perfect for all occasions. Ready in less than 1 hour.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
NET WT 11 oz (311 g)
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Microwave morsels and butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in crumbs and nuts. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining mixture into ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and lemon juice. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds; refrigerate.