Butterscotch Apple Crisp
- Bring the fun of caramel apples into your kitchen with this Butterscotch Apple Crisp. Chopped nuts and oatmeal make for a chewy and delicious baked dessert perfect for crisp Fall nights.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Artificially Flavored Morsels 11 oz
NET WT 11 oz (311 g)
- 2 1/2 pounds tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Arrange apples in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Combine morsels, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup flour and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over apples.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Combine remaining ½ cup flour and remaining ¼ cup brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Stir in nuts and oats; sprinkle over apple layer.
Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned. Cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.