White Cheddar Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Makes 6 servings
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 10 ounces rigatoni, cavatappi or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a medium saucepan over low to medium heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of butter, minced garlic, stir and heat until fragrant. Once butter is melted, whisk in a little bit of the flour and then slowly add in milk, a little bit at a time, alternating with the flour and vigorously whisking away any lumps. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and stir every so often, until the sauce thickens up.
Once the sauce has thickened up turn off the heat and stir in cheddar cheese and Gruyère cheese, salt, freshly ground black pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in the pumpkin.
Stir in the noodles and spinach until noodles are well covered and spinach has slightly wilted.
Add mixture to a 9x9 baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix chopped walnuts and breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle mixture on top of of the pasta and bake for about 25 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown.