Pumpkin Spiced and Iced Cookies
60 cookies (5 dozen)
Pumpkin Spiced and Iced Cookies offer the moistness of pumpkin pie with the chocolatey sweetness of chocolate chips. Try these for a Halloween party or a children's dessert at Thanksgiving.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheets.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle or spread over cookies.