Vegged-Out Pumpkin & Black Bean Soup
- This vegetarian soup is hearty enough to eat as a meal. Pumpkin blends in with the vegetables, black beans and broth to add extra nutrition and delicious flavor which creates a nourishing dish the entire family will enjoy.
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●5 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced (slice dark parts and set aside for later)
- ●1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ●3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ●1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ●2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- ●1 can (14 fluid ounces) vegetable broth
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ●1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add white and light green parts of green onions, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in cumin and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add beans, pumpkin, tomatoes and juice, broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper. Top each serving with dark green onion tops.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.