Pumpkin Apple Butter
48 servings (1 tablespoon per serving)
- Try this thick and delicious pumpkin-apple butter the next time you make homemade bread. Fresh bread spread with homemade apple butter (with pumpkin as the base) is a rich treat!
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
Making one pie? Use our 15oz
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Combine pumpkin, apple, apple juice, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours. Serve with buttermilk biscuits, breads, corn muffins or hot cereal. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 months. Recipe makes 3 cups.