Pies & Tarts
BestLife™ Pumpkin Pie
- This BestLife Pumpkin Pie was developed to experience all the power of pumpkin with this tasty homemade tradition. The BestLife Program was created by exercise physiologist Bob Greene, best known as Oprah Winfrey’s personal trainer. TheBestLife.com recipes are designed to provide foods that fit within the BestLife program to help meet weight loss goals.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 5 ounces or 9 sheets graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons trans fat-free vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In food processor, combine graham crackers, vegetable shortening and water.
Press into the bottom of a 9” pie plate.
Bake crust for about 7 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients. Remove crust from oven and pour pumpkin mixture over crust. Continue baking filled crust for another 40 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate.