Stuffed French Toast With Fresh Berry Topping
- This Stuffed French Toast With Fresh Berry Topping recipe takes your favorite strawberry preserves mixed with creamy ricotta cheese to make a delectable filling. Fresh berries and a dusting of powdered sugar top them off for an attractive and colorful presentation.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices (about 3/4-inch-thick) French bread, divided
- Vegetable oil, butter or margarine
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup, heated (optional)
Combine berries and granulated sugar in small bowl. Combine ricotta cheese and preserves in separate small bowl; mix well. Combine eggs, evaporated milk, brown sugar and vanilla extract in pie plate or shallow bowl; mix well.
Spread ricotta-preserve mixture evenly over 6 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices to form sandwiches.
Heat small amount of oil in large, nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with berries. Serve with maple syrup.
For Milk Chocolate Fudge
Substitute 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.