- Nothing compares with the combination of fluffy shortcake biscuits, split open and steaming and loaded with sweetened fresh berries topped with clouds of whipped cream. Use strawberries, blueberries or any berry in season!
- ●4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced and sweetened
- ●2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- ●2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ●2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine baking mix, water, dry milk, sugar and butter in small bowl; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet to make four large shortcakes.
Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until just golden. Cool slightly. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Spoon strawberries over bottom half; top with top half. Top with whipped cream before serving, if desired.
Note: A mixture of fresh blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries may be used in place of strawberries.