Maple Snack Bread with Apples & Walnuts
24 servings (2 loaves)
- With swirls of apple pie filling and chopped walnuts, this moist and delicious bread is the perfect afternoon snack.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat bran cereal or wheat bran
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon imitation maple flavor
Preheat oven 350º F. Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
Combine flour, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, bran cereal, walnuts, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Combine apple pie filling, evaporated milk, eggs, butter and maple flavoring in large bowl, stirring to break apart apples. Add apple mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.