Honduran Yucca Cake with Sweet Milk Sauce
- Honduran Yucca Cake with Sweet Milk Sauce is similar to a crustless pumpkin pie, and this dense, sweet yucca dessert has a lovely texture and spiced mocha flavor. Yucca—also known as cassava—is a staple crop throughout Honduras and grows everywhere, even in the poorest soils. Use a hand grater rather than a food processor to grate the yucca for best results. For a finishing touch, pour sweetened condensed milk over the baked cake before serving.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
NET WT 14 oz (397 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pound yucca, peeled and grated (about 4 cups) *
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup prepared double strength NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt in small bowl. Combine yucca, eggs, coconut milk, evaporated milk, coffee, butter and vanilla extract in large bowl until well blended. Add sugar mixture; stir until well blended. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick entered in center comes out clean. Cool completely in dish on wire rack.
To serve, pour sweetened condensed milk over entire cake to glaze or top each piece with desired amount of condensed milk.