French Toast with Creamy Maple Syrup
- Golden French Toast slices drizzled with creamy maple syrup make this dish a favorite with kids. Serve sausage links and fresh orange wedges on the side and watch breakfast disappear!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices whole-wheat or white bread, divided
Combine sugar, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Whisk together eggs, remaining 1 cup evaporated milk, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and cinnamon in medium bowl.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip 4 slices bread in milk mixture and then place in skillet. Cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Repeat 2 more times with with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining bread. Keep warm in oven. Serve with warm Creamy Maple Syrup. Refrigerate any leftover syrup for another use.