Dulce de Leche Crème Brûlee with Burnt Orange Sugar
- The rich and silky Dulce de Leche Crème Brûlee is a delicious custard with caramelized flavor notes and features a spicy, citrus-flavored topping that is sure to please!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 325º F. Place six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups in 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Place evaporated milk, brown sugar and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugars are dissolved. Beat eggs and egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually whisk milk mixture into eggs. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into ramekins. Fill baking pan with hot water to 1-inch depth. Loosely cover pan with foil.
Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until gently set in the center. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Preheat broiler. Combine granulated sugar, concentrate and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle each crème brûlee with heaping teaspoon of mixture. Broil for 1 to 3 minutes or until mixture has melted and caramelized (turned brown). Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until topping hardens.