Chocolate Hazelnut Chews
60 cookies (5 dozen)
- In Chocolate Hazelnut Chews, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and hazelnuts combine for a great taste combination in a cookie that’s easy to make and the family is sure to enjoy. Lori Josifek of Chico, CA developed this delicious recipe.
Morsels and Baking Ingredients
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
Beat butter and chocolate-hazelnut spread in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour mixture. Stir in morsels and hazelnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.