Creamy Thai Pumpkin Soup
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- ●2 cups hot water
- ●3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ●1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- ●3 cloves garlic, minced
- ●1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ●2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon thai red curry paste
- ●1/2 teaspoon salt
- ●1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ●1 lime, juiced
- ●Fresh cilantro (optional)
- ●Lime wedges (optional)
Combine bouillon cube with water in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup and mix until combined. Set aside.
Sauté onion, garlic and ginger with oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add curry paste and salt. Cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in bouillon and pumpkin and bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk, lime juice, and evaporated milk and turn off the heat. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. If desired, purée the mixture in a blender and return it to the pan to be warmed before serving. Use fresh cilantro and lime wedges as optional garnishes.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.