Libby’s® Spicy Pumpkin Corn Chowder
- ●3 slices smoked bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled to 1/2-inch pieces
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1 small onion, chopped
- ●1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced green chiles, undrained
- ●1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- ●1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ●3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●3 cups chicken broth
- ●1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ●Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ●2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Cook olive oil and onion in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently or until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add corn, green chiles, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, pumpkin, potatoes and cayenne pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Stir in crumbled bacon. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir in fresh cilantro just before serving.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.