Soups & Salads
Pumpkin Chili Mexicana
10 servings, 1 cup each
- This creamy and colorful Pumpkin Chili Mexicana features pumpkin, onion, chiles, ground turkey and kidney beans seasoned with cumin and chili powder and makes a zesty and flavorful dish.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.