- ●2 tablespoons olive oil
- ●3 cloves garlic, minced
- ●1 shallot, minced
- ●1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
- ●½ cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 teaspoon smoked paprika (can substitute for regular paprika)
- ●1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ●¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ●½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ●½ teaspoon salt, more as needed
- ●¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, more as needed
- ●3 to 4 large eggs
- ●½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ●Fresh parsley for garnish
- ●3-4 pieces toasted sourdough bread for serving
In a medium-sized skillet with a lid heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant.
Add in the can of tomatoes, pumpkin puree, smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break up big tomato pieces into smaller chunks. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
Using a wooden spoon make 3-4 small wells within the pumpkin tomato mixture for the eggs. I recommend cracking one egg in a small bowl at a time and slowly pouring it in the well. Repeat with each egg.
Once you’ve added all of the eggs, place the lid over the pan and let eggs cook for about 7-10 minutes depending on desired doneness.
Once the eggs are cooked, remove pan from heat, top with chopped parsley, feta cheese and extra salt and pepper.
Serve with a slice of toasted sourdough bread and enjoy!
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.