Baked Spiced Pumpkin Steel-Cut Oatmeal
3 servings, 1 cup each
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, raisins or nuts (optional)
- Maple Syrup
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in oats and continue heating, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until oats smell toasted. Push oats up around side of pan and drop remaining tablespoon butter in center of pan; heat until melted. Add pumpkin to butter; stir with oats after 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves into the pumpkin. Stir in water, evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into ungreased 1.5-quart casserole dish; cover.
Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully remove cover and stir in cranberries. The oatmeal mixture will be thin. Tent lid and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. The oatmeal will thicken as it sits. Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.