Pumpkin Ginger Pound Cake
Makes 20 servings
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside. Beat brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl using paddle attachment for about 5 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn mixer to low; beat in 1 tablespoon ginger and vanilla extract.
Alternately beat in pumpkin and flour mixture, being careful to not overmix. At end of last addition, finish mixing by folding mixture with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake at 300° F for 1 hour, 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and ½ teaspoon ginger in a small bowl; mix well. Drizzle over cold cake. Cut cake into 10 slices; cut each slice in half.