Pumpkin Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Bars
Makes 20 servings, 1 bar per serving
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 to 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
Combine cream cheese, ¼ cup granulated sugar and milk in small bowl; stir well. Set aside. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl.
Beat remaining 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Add pumpkin, carrot, eggs and egg whites; beat until well blended. Add flour; mix well.
Spread batter into greased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over batter; swirl mixture with spoon.
Bake at 350° F for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Dust with powdered sugar or additional ground cinnamon, if desired. Cut into bars. Store in covered container in refrigerator.