Soups & Salads
Libby’s® Pumpkin Soup with Chickpeas & Tomatoes
6 servings, 1 cup each
- This “gluten free” recipe was developed using alternative flours and other products labeled as “gluten-free”. We recommend reading all ingredient labels on food products thoroughly and to be careful to keep gluten-containing ingredients away from the recipe ingredients and recipe preparation area.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until tender. Add diced tomatoes, chickpeas and oregano sprigs; simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes to develop flavors. Remove oregano sprigs and discard. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.