Soups & Salads
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup makes a great first course for a Thanksgiving meal or Fall and Winter entertaining.
100% PURE PUMPKIN
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz
NET WT 15 oz (425 g)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Serve warm.