Tennessee Peach Pudding
Makes 8 servings, about 1/2 cup per serving
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large peaches (about 1 ½ pounds), peeled, pitted and sliced (about 3 cups)
Place water, ¾ cup sugar and butter in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
Combine flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir in evaporated milk just until moistened. Add peaches; stir until coated. Spread into 8-inch-square baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Pour sugar mixture over batter. Do not stir.
Bake at 400° F for 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.