Reyes Family Fruit & Lemon Creamy Gelatin Mold
- Flecked with colorful fruit, this creamy lemon gelatin mold looks fun and festive, is easy to make and serves a crowd. This recipe, inspired by our Circle of Friends member, I. P. Reyes from Santo Domingo, is a Reyes Family favorite that is sure to be a hit at your next party!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) or 1 package (6 ounces) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, chilled
- Ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained, coarsely chopped and blotted dry
Place gelatin in large bowl. Pour boiling water into gelatin and stir for at least 2 minutes until dissolved. Pour chilled evaporated milk into 2-cup glass measure; add enough ice to measure 2 cups. Stir milk mixture and vanilla extract into gelatin until ice is dissolved. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened around edge; stir.
Spray 6-cup mold with nonfat cooking spray. Place fruit cocktail in mold. Spoon gelatin mixture over fruit cocktail. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
To Unmold: Run point of knife around top edge of gelatin. Dip pan into a large pan of warm water for 10 to 15 seconds. Lift from water. Place serving platter on top of pan. Invert mold and platter together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold.