Light Orange Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberries
- Panna Cotta, or “cooked cream” in Italian, is a silky, eggless custard. As a refreshing and light way to end the perfect meal, this panna cotta pairs the taste of orange with fresh raspberries, which is sure to pleasantly please your palate. Since this dessert requires minimal preparation, you could even make a batch of six or eight on the weekend to have during the week ahead.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1/2 pint raspberries
Whisk evaporated milk, sugar, orange zest, and gelatin in a small saucepan until gelatin softens and sugar dissolves. Bring milk mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in liqueur. Pour a scant 1/2 cup into each of four 6-ounce custard cups. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. (Panna cotta can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
To serve, run a thin-bladed knife around inside edge of custard cup. Turn out each panna cotta onto a small dessert plate, garnish with raspberries, and serve. Recipe and image courtesy of Pam Anderson, author of The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight & Eating Great (2008).