Gluten Free Pumpkin Carrot Muffins with Dairy Free Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
- ●1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- ●1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ●1 teaspoon baking powder
- ●1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ●1/4 teaspoon salt
- ●2 large eggs
- ●1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ●1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- ●1/3 cup coconut oil
- ●1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- ●1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ●1 cup grated carrot
- ●DAIRY-FREE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- ●2 cups raw cashews, soaked in warm water for at least 4 hours and drained
- ●Juice of 1 lemon
- ●2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ●2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ●1/4 cup vegan butter
Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with liners and spray the bottom with cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Fold in the grated carrot.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flours, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. It’s ok for muffin batter to have some lumps.
Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough in the muffin tin.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
In the meantime, add the cashews to a high-speed blender along with the lemon juice, cinnamon and maple syrup.
Blend on high until the mixture begins to look smooth like cream cheese. Add in the vegan butter and mix for about 30-40 more seconds until more combined and smooth.
Top each muffin with cream cheese, walnut pieces, shredded carrot and cinnamon and enjoy! Store muffins and cashew cream cheese in the fridge for maximum freshness.
Everybody Needs a Little Inspiration
Don't miss irresistible recipes, exciting news and sweet surprises.