Tropical Sunshine Cake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake is a great fit for brunch, breakfast party or dessert.Topped with bits of pineapple, toasted coconut flakes and chopped almonds, it will make an elegant addition to your table.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained (juice reserved), divided
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine cake mix, evaporated milk and eggs in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup pineapple. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spread over warm cake, sprinkle with coconut and remaining pineapple. Cool completely before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.