Cherry Almond Muffins
- Not Available
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk 11 oz
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 container (11 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350° F. Paper-line or grease 18 muffin cups.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Whisk egg in medium bowl until frothy and light yellow in color. Add sugar; whisk until well blended. Slowly whisk in butter. Add almond milk, almond extract, vanilla extract and lemon zest; mix well.
Slowly fold the milk mixture and cherries into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Top each with 4 to 5 almond slices.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool. Serve warm. Store in airtight container.