Spicy Jack Mac & Cheese with Broccoli
- This twist on the all popular macaroni and cheese includes three different types of cheeses, including Pepper Jack to spice things up.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
NET 12 fl oz (354 mL)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped frozen or fresh broccoli
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Pepper Jack cheese *
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) refrigerated freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Cook macaroni in large saucepan according to package directions, adding broccoli to boiling pasta water for last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
Combine cooked pasta, broccoli, cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and black pepper in large bowl. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned.