Noodle Raisin Kugel
Noodle Raisin Kugel is a delicious baked dish that can be served as a side dish or main dish and it's even sweet enough to serve for dessert. A kugel is a baked Jewish pudding or casserole similar to a pie, and egg noodles are commonly used in it.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (8 ounces) dry, wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine cream cheese and butter in large, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in noodles and raisins. Pour into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over batter in baking dish.