Mac & Cheese
Macaroni & Cheese Waffles
Makes 6 waffles
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 box (7.25 ounces) store-bought macaroni & cheese with dry cheese sauce packet
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Suggested dipping sauces: mustard, ketchup, hot sauce
Boil the macaroni according to manufacturer’s instructions. Drain and return to pot.
Stir in evaporated mix and dry cheese mix from the box. Then stir in the cheddar cheese and egg, followed by the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat your waffle iron and spray the grates with baking spray. Using a ½-cup measurer, spoon waffle mixture onto grates to create individual waffles. The number of waffles you cook at one time will depend on the size of your waffle maker. Press each spoonful gently to flatten slightly, and sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese. Cook waffles according to waffle iron instructions. Continue this process to cook remaining waffles.
Serve warm with suggested dipping sauces.