Italian-Style Mac & Cheese with Chicken Sausage
6 servings, 1 cup each
This zesty Italian twist on a childhood classic is sure to tickle your family’s taste buds. Tomatoes and basil add bursts of color and flavor to this rich and creamy Mac & Cheese with Chicken Sausage, making this dish irresistible.
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk 12 oz
- 2 cups (8 ounces) dry elbow macaroni (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Italian-style 4- or 5-cheese blend
- 2 links (6 ounces) fully-cooked Italian-seasoned chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, cheese, sausage, garlic powder and black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally,until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
Add pasta to cheese sauce; stir until combined. Add tomatoes and basil; stir gently until mixed in.