- Need a quick pick-me-up to get you through the day? These Trail Bars have dried fruit, oats and peanut butter and provide a nutritious snack when you need that mid-day boost of energy!
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cherries, chopped dates, etc.)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Grease 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan.
Combine dried fruit and sunflower seeds in food processor; cover. Pulse to chop into small pieces. Transfer to large bowl. Add rice cereal and oats; mix well.
Combine peanut butter, corn syrup and sugar in small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat on HIGH (100%) power until bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in dry milk and vanilla extract. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture. Stir well to coat. Press mixture into prepared pan. Cut into bars. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Store in airtight container.