Peach and Almond French Toast Casserole with Creamy Glaze
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk 11 oz
NET 11 fl oz (325 mL)
- 1 container (11 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Almond Cooking Milk, divided
- 5 to 6 slices white bread, cubed (about 5 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) fresh or thawed, frozen peaches, peeled and chopped
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup fresh or thawed, frozen peaches
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly butter 8-inch-square baking dish. Refrigerate 1/3 cup almond milk for Creamy Glaze.
Place bread cubes evenly into prepared baking dish. Combine eggs, remaining 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup peaches, 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Pour egg-peach mixture over the bread cubes and lightly mix until cubes have absorbed much of the liquid.
Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over the top of bread mixture. Sprinkle almonds over sugar mixture.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden.
Place 1/3 cup peaches in blender; cover. Puree until smooth. Add remaining 1/3 cup almond milk that was refrigerated, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, grated lemon peel and juice to peaches. Blend until smooth. Adjust flavors as needed.
Serve casserole warm with a drizzle of creamy glaze.