1. Choose a menu that will be easy to prepare: eggs, fresh mixed fruit, pastries and mimosas are great for any size gathering.
2. Be joyful and loving in the planning and preparation. Whistle and smile while you work.
3. Arrange it all so that Mom doesn't have to lift a finger. Clean up after you cook, straighten or clean the house before and after the event. Leave the place sparkling.
4. Open the curtains and let the sun shine in. Place flowers everywhere.
5. Celebrate the contributions of mothers everywhere by including grandmothers, aunts, great aunts, young mothers and their kids. Everyone will enjoy the sense of community and celebration.
6. Set the mood for the meal. For an afternoon brunch, set the table with the good china, nicely folded napkins and flowers in a nice vase. Add a few vanilla or lavender scented candles if you don't use flowers.
7. Take photos to commemorate the memories. Put the photos in an album for Mom.