1. Leave food in the refrigerator to thaw all day or overnight.
2. Place food in a watertight container or bag and submerge it in cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes until thawing is complete.
3. Use the Defrost setting on a microwave oven for the quickest results. Leave a 2-inch space between the food and the side of the microwave for better heat circulation.
4. Cut food into smaller pieces (if you can, or when it defrosts enough to allow you to) to allow it to thaw more evenly. Turn the food over several times as it defrosts.
5. Cook food immediately after thawing.