** a chance to use the dough hook on your mixer**
-- cake mix
-- 2 cups flour
- Add water and beat on low to blend then on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Knead in flour until smooth dough is obtained.
-- Cover with dish towel and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place
Dough will rise to twice the size...
- Pinch dough down.
- Divide dough in half and let stand covered for 10 more minutes.
***make gooie goodness while dough is resting***
-In a sauce pan combine
-- brown sugar
-- 1 cup of butter
-- corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil
- pour into 2 13x9in pans.
Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- Roll dough out to form a 16x9 inch rectangle
- Spread with ½ of 1/4c. butter
- Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Roll up the dough into a log shape, pinching the ends to seal in all the goodness.
- Cut the roll into 2 inch slices -- dental floss or sewing string to make the best cuts.
- place the roll slices in the 13X9 baking dishs with the gooie goodness about 1 inch apart -- leave a bit of a gap between each one so they have lots of room to “grow” in the fridge.
- Place covered pans in fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove pans from refrigerator and let sit at room temp (uncovered) for at least 30 minutes.
- Place in preheated 350°F oven (uncovered) for approximately 25 minutes. -- You may have to cook longer if they seem to still be doughy.
-- Once they are cooked serve as is or turn them out onto a dish.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.