1. Put the all purpose flour,sugar,soda and the salt in a bowl and dryly mix it with a spoon first.
2. Then add required amount of water and make a batter that should be of medium thickness (so as to coat the banana slices).
3. Now add the yellow colour to this batter mixture and mix well. Set this batter aside.
4. Next,peel the banana and discard the skin and slice the banana into falirly thin (not too thin) rounds.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or a shallow bottomed vessel. When the oil reaches medium heat,lower the heat.
6. Now, dip each banana slice in the prepared batter mixture that is set aside and slowly insert it in the heated oil. You can put as many number of slices thus dipped in the batter as you want (but remember it shouild not totally cover the oil as the fritters will needs to get cooked properly).
7. Now,increase the heat of the stove and allow the slices to get fried till both sudes turn slightly golden brown. Drain and remove the fritters on paper towels placed on a plate (to remove excess oil).
8. Serve immediately alongwith some ice-cream if you wish on the side or alongwith some tea.
P.S. Also note that you can easily replace the sugar with Splenda if you wish.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.