Potatoes-4 to 5 medium sized,
Bread slices-2 nos.,
Small red onion-1 no.,,
Green pepper-1 no.,
Garam Masala powder-1 or 2 pinch/es,
Cilantro-1 or 2 tblspns,
Salt to taste,
Oil to cook
1. Boil,peel and mash the potatoes.Powder the bread slices after tearing into medium pieces in a food processor.Set these aside.
2. Then,finely chop the green pepper,onion and cilantro.
3. Add all the chopped items,powdered bread slices as well as the rest of the ingredients to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
4. Make lemon sized balls out of this mixture,flatten to make 1/2" thick discs.
5. Next,put a thin layer of oil in a non-stick skillet/pan and when it is medium hot,lower the heat.Place gently four or five of the prepared discs at a time in the skillet.
6. Wait for a few minutes and flip it to the other side.Put some oil on its side and flip it again after a few minutes.When both the sides have turned golden brown,drain and remove.Repeat till all of the discs are cooked in this way.
7. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.