All Purpose Flour-2 cups,
Chilli powder-1/4 tspn,
Garam Masala powder-1/4 tspn,
Aniseed/Carrom seeds-1/2 tspn,
Salt to taste,
1. Put all the ingeredients in a bowl,add little water at a time and knead the dough.Cover and set it aside for half an hour.
2. Now,make small balls out of the kneaded dough and roll out with a rolling pin to the size of your palm or even smaller.
3. If you want to store them and use later,then prick some holes with a fork in the discs.If you want to serve immediately,leave it as it is.
4. Then,either deep fry or shallow fry these discs in hot oil till they are golden brown on both the sides.Drain and remove.
5. If you have pricked holes,then it will not bloat up but remain crisp for a longer time and if you have fried them as it is,then it will most probably bloat up due to the air content inside the discs.
6. Serve them with any chutney or side dish that you want.In addition to the side dish,it can be even be accompanied by curds.
P.S. 1.If you want the discs to bloat up,then remember to roll them out with even amount of thickness.
2. Remember that the pricked ones are best served as snacks without any side dish.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.