1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups (1 pint) strawberries, divided
additional granulated sugar
1 cup (1/2 pint) cold whipping cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup KISSABLES Candies in red, pink and white.
1. Heat oven to 350F, line 13x9x2" baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond sides of pan. Lightly grease foil.
2.Stir together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3.Beat eggs in large mixing bowl on high speed of electric mixer until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar, beating on medium speed, until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
4. Place milk and butter in microwave safe cup. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir into batter until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan; invert onto cutting board. Remove foil. Cut into 8 hearts using 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters.
6. chop strawberries to make 1/2 cup; set aside. Slice remaining strawberries into medium bowl; sweeten to taste with additional sugar. Set aside. Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in small mixing bowl; beat until stiff. Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into chopped strawberries.
7. Assemble desserts by spreading the tops of 4 cake heards with strawberry cream. Top each with another cake heart. Frost tops and sides with remaining sweetened whipped cream. Decorate tops with candies and serve with sweetened strawberry slices. Makes 4 cakes.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.