5 large carrots, peeled & cut into 1” chucks
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons grated onions
1 cup milk (cream would also)
3 eggs, lightly beaten.
1. Place the carrots in a saucepan and add enough water to cover by one inch; bring to a boil over high heat; then reduce to a simmer and cook until fork-tender (about 20 minutes).
2. Drain the carrots and allow cooling slightly.
3. Puree the carrots in a food processor; add lemon juice, blend, and then transfer to a small bowl.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Coat a 2-quart soufflé dish or casserole with 1 tbsp of the butter; set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl, mix 4 tbsp butter, sugar, flour, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg beating until smooth.
7. Add the onion and pureed carrots, and mix well; then add the milk and eggs and mix until smooth.
8. Place the mixture into the prepared dish.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 min-1 hour or until the pudding is puffed and lightly browned and the center is firm to the touch.
10. Serve immediately.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.