1¼ oz. pkg. Yeast
1 c. warm milk
½ c. granulated sugar
1/3 c. melted butter (do not substitute margarine)
1 t. salt
4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. packed brown sugar (I just sprinkle as much as I can and like, never measuring)
2½ TBS. cinnamon
1/3 c. butter
7 TBS. butter, softened
1½ c. confectioners sugar
¼ c. (2 oz.) cream cheese
½ t. real vanilla extract (or almond extract)
1/8 t. salt (optional)
Pre heat Oven to 400° F.
(1) Dissolve yeast in milk.
(2) Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, flour. Mix well.
(3) Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead into a large ball. Cover; let rise 1 hour.
(4) Roll dough into a 21" x 16" wide rectangle. With the butter softened, I just use my fingers to spread it generously over the dough. Load 'er up with the filling (see below).
(5) Roll from long-side to short-side. Pinch the ends.
(6) Using very sharp knife (I prefer a serrated one) cut into 1 inch wide rolls, making sixteen. If want fewer, bigger rolls, cut them wider.
(6) Grease (butter) your preferred baking pan (I like mine to be all squished up next to the other)- I generally use an 11"x 15" pan. Then place rolls in pan and into oven. Let the rolls rise for 30 minutes.
(8) Bake until the rolls are slightly browned and not doughy. This will vary according to your oven. Just don't over bake.
(9) When done, take 'em out and cover them in the delicious icing.
While dough is rising, prepare the filling and the icing. Clean-up a little and then go read a chapter or two in your book.
(1)Soften butter, so that it is spread able.
(2) After dough has been rolled out to the gigantic rectangle, spread the softened butter all over.
(3) Sprinkle brown sugar over entire buttered rectangle. Use more if you like more.
(4) Now sprinkle the cinnamon over the now sugary, buttery, doughy, rectangle.
Icing: Cream it all together with an electric mixer. Spread on hot rolls.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.