For 8" sq. pan. May be doubled for 9x13 pan
1/2 lb. penne pasta or similar shape like spirals,uncooked
1/2 jar Alfredo sauce [or 1 can low salt mushroom soup concentrate]
4 oz. low fat sour cream
1/4 cup shredded or chunk cheese of your choice like swiss, cheddar, feta
4 oz. cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
1 tsp dried italian seasoning or mix of parsley + basil + oregano [2 T. if chopped fresh]
1/2 tsp. garlic powder [not garlic salt]
1. Cook pasta in boiling water and drain well as per package directions
2. Stir together sauce or soup and sour cream
3. Add cooked pasta to this creamy mix. Stir well and stir in cheese
4. Layer half pasta mixture in to greased 8" baking pan
5. Mix together ricotta, eggs and italian seasonings. Mix well.
6.Spoon ricotta mixture over the bottom layer of creamy pasta
7. Place remainder of pasta mixture as a top layer. Egg mix will run down through somewhat + cheese chunks in the creamy pasta will also melt down thru the pasta in 'layers'
8. Cover loosley with foil and bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Uncover for the final 5-10 minutes to brown lightly
LEFTOVERS [IF ANY]MAY BE REHEATED IN THE MICROWAVE
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.