1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (See Note)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Nestle semisweet chocolate chips (or use 1 cup each semisweet and milk or white chocolate chips)
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
3. On a sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Using the paper as a funnel, gradually add to creamed mixture.
4. Stir in the chips, cranberries and nuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. For a chewy texture, remove at 9 minutes, or as soon as center is set.
6. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
NOTE: For added flavor and chewiness, toast oats before adding to recipe.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.