1. Preheat oven to 350F, grease bottom only of large loaf pan.
2. Cream margarine and sugar until well mixed, beat in eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and bananas.
3. Add flour and baking soda just until blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean about 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely before slicing. This bread is even better the next day if you can keep it around for that long. It is also wonderful toasted.
Not a NESTLÉ®-tested recipe.