Rich in antioxidants and color, this Concord Grape and Blueberry Freeze with Flax Seed Oil is a fresh treat both kids and moms will love.
• Excellent Source/ High In: Vitamin C
• Good Source: Calcium
• Rich in heart-healthy Omega-3s
PLACE grape juice, blueberries, ice, dry milk and flaxseed oil in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
• Look for flax seed oil in health food stores or the natural food section of grocery stores.
• If using fresh blueberries, add 1/4 cup extra ice cubes. Substitute cranberry or pomegranate juice for grape juice, if desired.
• This recipe can easily be doubled.
- Serving Size
1/2 servings, about 1 cup each of recipe
- Calories 180
- Calories from Fat 45
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 5g 8%
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 60mg 3%
- Carbohydrates 32g 11%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 29g
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 60%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 2%