Get the traditional pumpkin pie taste without using the same, traditional crust. Try substituting your regular pie crust with this whole-grain crust, and LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Filling, for a guilty-free way to enjoy that extra slice of pie!
COMBINE flour, ground oats, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with water; blend together with a fork until mixture holds together.
SHAPE dough into ball; place on lightly floured sheet of wax paper. Top with additional piece of wax paper; roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper and invert dough into 9-inch deep-dish (4-cup volume) pie plate; slowly peel away wax paper. Trim excess crust. Turn edge under; crimp as desired.
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425º F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream or topping before serving.
• Substitute whole-wheat pastry flour for a finer textured, flakier pie crust.
• Oats can be finely ground in a food processor or blender.
• 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
• Do not freeze, as this will cause crust to separate from the filling.
- Serving Size
1/8 servings of recipe
- Calories 300
- Calories from Fat 110
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 13g 20%
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Cholesterol 90mg 30%
- Sodium 410mg 17%
- Carbohydrates 40g 13%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 26g
- Protein 8g
- Vitamin A 140%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 6%