Baked in muffin cups, these tasty Mexican Meatloaf Muffins get an extra taste sensation from the taco seasoning. These are the perfect size to freeze and serve to kids of all ages.
Feed your family twice, but only cook once! This recipe is already doubled. Just serve your family half and freeze the rest. Ready in less than one hour.
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
COMBINE ground beef, evaporated milk, eggs, ketchup, quick oats, taco seasoning, black pepper and parsley in large bowl until just mixed. Divide meat mixture into 20 ungreased muffin cups; mound tops slightly.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
SERVE half the meatloaf muffins over lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, if desired. Makes enough for two 5-serving meals or 20 muffins.
• Freeze half the meatloaf muffins for another meal. Wrap each in freezer wrap; freeze. To reheat, microwave unwrapped frozen meatloaf muffin on HIGH (100% power) for 2 minutes. If thawed, microwave for 1 minute.
• Meat Loaf mixture can be divided into two ungreased 8 x 4-inch loaf pans instead of muffin cups. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
• Serve taco sauce along with the muffins.
• For a more “comfort food” type meal, serve with mashed potatoes. Slice and serve on a dinner roll or wrapped in a flour tortilla. These are quite portable, great for school lunches along with a packet of ketchup.
- Serving Size
1/10 servings (or 20 muffins of recipe
- Calories 310
- Calories from Fat 90
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
% Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10g 15%
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23%
- Cholesterol 125mg 42%
- Sodium 690mg 29%
- Carbohydrates 22g 7%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 32g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 4%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 20%